Outside Sales/Business Development Representative
We are looking for a Sales and Business Development Representative to grow revenue and profits by expanding opportunities in existing customers and acquiring business in new markets. The MASHstudios Sales and Business Development Representative should be able to possess the ability to present, sell, and understand furniture design, upholstery, finishes, and construction details. This position will cover the San Francisco Bay Area.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Interior Design, Business, or related field required.
- Minimum of 3+ year experience in sales/marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels of client and company management.
- Willingness to learn new details and processes.
- Highest standards of ethical behavior and positive contribution to the community consistent with the company culture.
- Working knowledge of standard industry tolerances.
- Experience working with furniture not needed but a huge plus.
- Strong and persuasive communicator with excellent listening skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization.
- Project management skills a plus.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Enjoy working in a creative and collaborative environment.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Identify needs of current and potential customers and develop effective solutions based on company’s services in order to achieve revenue goals.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities through cold call/email and warm leads
- Set up meetings with client decision makers and key team members from MASH to secure projects.
- Partners with Departments to ensure a robust pipeline as well as consistent delivery of manufactured parts.
- Analyzes manufacturing costs and reviews agreements to ensure that company sales are as profitable as possible.
- Plan and develop client facing presentations/pitches.
- Develop rapport with new clients, provide support throughout the lifecycle of a project that will continually improve the relationship
- Present new products and services to enhance existing relationships or provide opportunities to “get in the door” with new potential clients.
- Create and support marketing services.
- Takes responsibility for learning about all products, customization options and service offerings
- Attend industry events to strengthen MASH’s reputation in the market and maintain industry relationships.
- Assist in planning events, marketing materials, etc. to ensure items accurately and positively reflect MASHstudios’ brand
- Identify, propose, and execute new product opportunities.
- Analyze sales and gross margin performance.
- Performs various analyses including Return-on-Investment (ROI), risk analysis, and sales forecast analysis to determine feasibility of market entry.
- Protects Company proprietary information and keeps it confidential.
- Increase brand equity and support sales of current and new products.
- Creativity in proposing and evaluating new business opportunities.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to the email@example.com with subject line “Sales and Business Development Rep -SF” provided.
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We look forward to hearing from you.