We are looking for a Design Director that will be responsible for communicating strategic goals into actionable design solutions, establishing the conceptual and stylistic direction for design team and overseeing their work. Areas of work include: furniture conceptualization, quoting, and presentations. Ensures proper resources are in place to maintain MASHstudios standards of creative excellence and timeliness.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- 7+ years of experience in industrial, graphics, environmental design or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience working with solidworks, rhino, photoshop and adobe creative suite.
- 3D studio max experience preferred but not necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or any other related field;
- Strong Project management and presentation skills;
- Minimum of 4 years directly supervising a design team.
- Sketching and rapid representation abilities.
- Experience with working on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to identify, incorporate and compliment a brand’s ethos into creative proposals
- Ability to help identify new talent;
- Must be a highly organized individual that pays strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills (verbal, written, etc.);
- Professional attitude and demeanor;
- Ability to travel as needed
- Adaptable / Flexible approach with a can-do attitude. No job is too big or small;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite and Google system.
Task Include but not limited to:
- Lead design team; develop training process and track for effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Provides leadership and motivation to staff;
- Collaborate with cross departmental Directors on process, resourcing and strategic planning
- Communicate with production team; maintain original design intent (what client was sold on), in conjunction with maintaining physical quality of product (per production teams directive).
- Plan, develop, and defend creative recommendations, goals, and timelines
- Work closely with Designers and Project Managers to maintain communication and client satisfaction;
- Work with production team as needed during approval drawing phase (after project is awarded)
- Work with Business Development team to understand client requests, and translate them to assigned designer (understand how to take general information from customer, and break it down to material specifics for quoting/rendering)
- Oversee execution of all creative efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget, and on schedule
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of new design techniques, trends and applicable software
- Attends planning meetings and makes presentations to staff and clients to decide strategic and creative direction of a project.
- Use their creative expertise to interpret a client’s vision and make it a tangible and deliverable product.
- Tracking monthly jobs received and reporting to owner (gross/net revenue, average margins, brief summary of project).
- Nurturing relationships with outside designers, furniture dealers, architects, and direct end users, to provide great customer service
- Occasional quoting, modeling, rendering of own projects (overflow if design team cannot take on more work and meet deadline
- Plans and implements budgets
- Establish schedules on short and long term projects
- Represents the company on client visits and any other events
- Travels to client sites and/or other events as needed.
- Maintains external professional relationships to ensure ongoing availability of specialized expertise, gifted freelancers, and reputable vendors when their service is required;
- Participates in the new business efforts as directed
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to the email@example.com with subject line “Design Director”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.