We are looking for an entry level candidate with 1-2 years of design internship/employment under their belt. Designers at MASH work in teams to see projects through from concept to reality under the direct supervision of the Design Director and Design Leads. They must have the ability to work across multiple projects at a time.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Ability to read and create floor plans
- Bachelors in Industrial Design, Furniture Design or related field
- Knowledgeable in furniture construction
- Willingness to learn new details and processes
- Working knowledge of 3ds Max, Octane, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to manage expectations of time and effort for tasks: knowing how much time you need to do various tasks, and knowing how much you can reasonably get done in a defined period of time.
- Experience using Solidworks, not a must, but preferable.
- Ability to manage your time across many projects at once
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Enjoy working in a creative and collaborative environment
- Passion for working hard and creating quality products
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Develop sketches, renderings, and quotes
- Assist in the development of products from ideation through 3d deliverables
- Assist in the management of project bids
- Source material for upcoming projects
- Create part shop drawing for production
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors and collaborate on the manufacturing process.
- Work closely with other designers to generate sketches and renderings for quoting purposes.
- Specify and locate sources for hardware
- Inspect production runs to maintain design intent and finish
- Other duties assigned by Creative Director and Design Leads
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to the firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Jr.Designer”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.