We are looking for an entry level Estimating Coordinator with the eagerness to learn about the furniture industry and everything MASH. The Estimating Coordinator is responsible for estimating furniture, and unique custom pieces and architectural metal while maintaining an accurate database.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Knowledgeable in furniture construction a plus.
- Willingness to learn new details and processes.
- Strong Proficiency with Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite. Smartsheets exp a plus.
- Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and costs.
- The ability to manage expectations of time and effort for tasks: knowing how much time you need to do various tasks, and knowing how much you can reasonably get done in a defined period of time.
- Must be able to read architectural drawings.
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Enjoy working in a creative and collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Passion for working hard and participating in a team.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Prepare and sort documents / data sheets for the purpose of data entry.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures
- Review Preliminary drawings and specifications
- Working with pre-existing drawings and specifications, or with custom designs created in-house by MASHstudios staff to create price-estimates.
- Review total estimate to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to submitting formal quotation, including reviewing estimates created by other staff.
- Research and promote continuous improvement in developing more efficient estimating methods and pricing models.
- Submit part sketches to correct vendors.
- Write furniture part descriptions into quote templates.
- Maintain status update of parts.
- Maintain positive relationships with area vendors to obtain competitive material pricing
- Assist in the management of project bids.
- Source material for upcoming projects.
- Work closely with designers to generate quoting estimates.
- Comprehensively document estimated cost vs actual cost for awarded projects for future analysis.
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to the email@example.com with subject line “Estimating Coordinator”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.