We are looking for a Public Relations and Communications Specialist who coordinates and manages internal and external branded materials and disseminate as needed. Manage the online/offline fields to fulfill the needs of trade and consumer PR, client relations, advertising, internal communications, and social media campaigns for internal and external stakeholders. He/she is a storyteller that has a fundamental understanding of the industry and an innate ability to understand what employees, clients and media want from MASHstudios as well as identify new opportunities for the organization.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- BA/BS required: Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Writing, or related field highly preferred
- Solid understanding of the global practice of creative communication.
- Experience working in the Furniture and/or A&D community preferred.
- Creative and strategic appreciation of the value of great ideas and the ability to identify strong creative work and how to showcase it.
- Exceptional relationship builder with both internal and external key partners and help resolve issues smoothly and effectively.
- Category knowledge and business focused approach.
- Ability to engender respect and influence writers, bloggers, media in our related categories.
- Problem solving – ability to identify problems and offer concrete solutions.
- Strategic thinker with an excellent understanding of key industry influences and the ability to apply this thinking to a variety of cross category communication tools.
- Commercial focus and storytelling drive.
- Excellent people manager with an ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build commitment.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with key partners.
- A great eye for creative design and details
- Ideally comes with relationships to related media.
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Task include but not limited to:
- Identify and engage qualified online and offline media opportunities.
- Identify and engage with local influencers, bloggers, and brand advocates in the social sphere.
- Coordinate and manage consumer-facing messaging with clients.
- Emphasize the involvement of MASHstudios participation in client projects through various channels.
- Creating event and product excitement through daily promotions, marketing, PR and sales strategies.
- Drafts extensive PR plans and strategies to be utilized throughout all phases of marketing campaigns, with proven experience in developing breakthrough, integrated programs
- Become actively involved in a mix of traditional and innovative PR activities
- Write news releases, pitch letters, product descriptions and longer form stories
- Development and execution of comprehensive, annual editorial marketing strategy calendar
- Directs website content and design.
- Plans, manages and attends key product and industry related events
- Work with Marketing Director to develop an annual communications and marketing plan with proposed timelines, costs, and metrics to ensure effectiveness and sound fiscal management of strategies employed to increase the company’s visibility and reputation.
- Contributes to the writing, editing, and design of all communication and marketing materials developed for internal and external audiences; oversees production from draft creation, proofing, and distribution of final product
- Develops and manages all phases of product publicity across multiple channels
including pre-launch, launch and post- launch timing
- Oversee and implement all social media marketing efforts for MASHstudios. This includes social media strategy, management of social media presences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other channels.
- Define voice of the MASHstudios brand, not just in our own social channels, but must-haves/things to avoid when employees share our work on their own channels.
- Responsible for driving substantial increase in follower growth (100% growth within 12 months).
- Development and execution of comprehensive, annual social marketing strategy calendar
- Identifying and nurturing relationships with key influencers.
Cultivate And Build Internal Relationships Through Cultural Practice
- Coordinate the organization’s key internal departments to ensure MASHstudios delivers winning work that generates measurable business returns.
- Maintain a strong collaborative environment.
- Maintain a relevant awareness of market trends and creative industry practice.
- Educate internal teams of new and existing MASHstudios practices and capabilities.
- Identify key speaking opportunities for MASHstudios senior management.
- Proactively contribute to the vision of MASHstudios, by leading through example and driving an invested spirit.
- Contribute to cultivation of the organization’s voice using cross-market methods of communication.
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to email@example.com with subject line “Public Relations”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.