This position is best for candidates with 2 + years experience working in a commercial furniture design industry. The MASHstudios Designer will work in teams to see projects through from concept to reality under the direct supervision of the Design Director and Design Leads. Designers must have the ability to work across multiple projects at a time with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Ability to read and create floor plans.
- Bachelors in Industrial Design, Furniture Design or a related field.
- Knowledgeable in furniture design and construction.
- Willingness to learn new details and processes.
- Superb knowledge using 3ds Max, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google systems.
- The ability to manage expectations of time and effort for tasks: knowing how much time you need to do various tasks, and knowing how much you can reasonably get done in a defined period-of-time.
- Experience using Solidworks, not a must, but preferable.
- Experience generating estimates for small and large scale projects.
- Experience with designing for electrical components is a plus.
- Ability to manage your time across many projects at once.
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Enjoy working in a creative and collaborative environment.
- Passion for working hard and creating quality products.
Task include but not limited to:
- Develop sketches, renderings, and quotes.
- Assist in the development of products from ideation through 3d deliverables.
- Assist in the management of project bids.
- Source material for upcoming projects.
- Create part sketches for estimating purposes.
- 3D Model and create photorealistic renderings of developed product.
- Build/maintain vendor relationships while quoting new projects.
- Work closely with the Design Director and Design Leads on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Specify and locate sources for hardware.
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to email@example.com with subject line “Concept Designer”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.