We are looking for a Design Director that will be responsible for communicating strategic goals into actionable design solutions, establishing the conceptual and stylistic direction for design team and overseeing their work. Areas of work include: design strategy, furniture conceptualization, and client presentations. Ensures proper team resources are in place to maintain MASHstudios standards of creative excellence and timeliness.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- 7+ years of experience working in an industrial, furniture, environmental design firm and/or architectural environmentExperience working with Solidworks, Rhino, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite.
- 3D studio max experience preferred but not necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or four years of related work experience.
- Strong group project management and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 4 years directly supervising a design team.
- Sketching and rapid presentation abilities.
- Excels while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify, incorporate, and compliment a brand’s ethos into creative proposals.
- Ability to help identify and train new talent.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must pay strong attention to detail.
- Thrives working under pressure on tight schedules;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills (verbal, written, etc.)
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Adaptable / Flexible approach with a can-do attitude. No job is too big or small.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive System.
- ERP system knowledge a plus
Task Include but not limited to:
- Inspire and push the concept design team to produce their best work.
- Lead the concept design team; develop training process and track for effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Provides leadership and motivation to staff.
- Collaborate with cross departmental Directors on process, design intent, resourcing, and strategic planning.
- Plan, develop, and defend creative recommendations, goals, and timelines
- Locate and vet new manufacturing relationships.
- Work closely with Designers and Project Managers to maintain communication and client satisfaction.
- Work with Business Development team to understand client requests, and translate them to assigned designer (understand how to take general information from customer, and break it down to material specifics for quoting/rendering).
- Oversee execution of all creative efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget, and on schedule
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of new design techniques, trends and applicable software
- Attend planning meetings and makes presentations to staff and clients to decide strategic and creative direction of a project.
- Use their creative expertise to interpret a client’s vision and make it a tangible and deliverable product.
- Tracking monthly jobs received and reporting to owner (gross/net revenue, average margins, and summary of projects).
- Nurturing relationships with outside designers, furniture dealers, architects, and direct end users, to provide great customer service
- Occasional quoting, modeling, and rendering of projects.
- Maintains external professional relationships to ensure ongoing availability of specialized expertise, gifted freelancers, and reputable vendors when their service is required.
- Participates in new business efforts as directed.
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to the firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Design Director”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.