We are looking for a Business Development Representative that will be responsible for all facets of sales goals and objectives through the development of customers, market knowledge and relationships within the assigned geographic territory. The Business Development Representative has experience in, or a driving interest in, commercial design, furniture, and related disciplines.
- BA or higher in marketing, interior design, business or related fields.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in sales or business development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knows how to navigate an organization and uncover needs of customers.
- Ability to present company information with memorable style and enthusiasm, to audiences large or small.
- Strategic thinker, resourceful, creative problem solver.
- Ability to thrive in highly collaborative teams.
- Organized and skilled in meeting deadlines and presenting time-sensitive responses.
- Self-directed in planning and learning.
- Interested and knowledgeable in contemporary business and workplace trends.
- Demonstrates knowledge of using company and industry resources to their fullest potential.
- Excellent relationship manager.
- Develop and work a strategic market penetration plan.
- Actively identify, qualify and pursue new projects and customers.
- Extract maximum performance from existing customers while bringing maximum value.
- Develop, nurture and leverage relationships with KEY A+D community, furniture dealers, commercial real estate brokers, project managers and general contractors, to facilitate the achievement of established sales goals and objectives.
- Penetrate top A+D accounts deeply to create committed relationships with associates and principals.
- Create tailored presentation materials and samples.
- Present new products and services to existing and prospective customers.
- Qualify project opportunities with all necessary information.
- Engage internal design and production team in design brief meetings to convey accurate project details.
- Manage (own) a sales objective, project or new customer through all stages:
- Lead generation
- Development of opportunity
- Touching as many buying influences as possible
- Manage internal MASH resources and generation of solutions and pricing
- Analyze pricing, quotations, manufacturing costs and agreements for profitability
- Client liaison throughout the lifecycle
- ‘Closing the deal’
- Following through past installation to photography, client survey, etc.
- Create a robust database of customer, specifier and industry professionals.
- Attend industry and networking events to secure MASH reputation and visibility in the marketplace.
- Plan and execute events and relevant marketing materials to increase MASH visibility, mindshare and marketshare.
- Accurately forecast projects and bookings, adding new leads to the funnel.
- Track all information in MASH sanctioned format
- Understands MASH positioning in the marketplace and increases brand equity.
- Communicate MASH value gracefully, aligned with brand and culture.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture.
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Great snacks and regularly hosted bbq!
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision and more!
- Pet Friendly
And of course awesome team events and discounted prices on our LAX series!
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to the email@example.com with subject line “Business Development Rep”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.