We are looking for a Purchasing Manager who understands project based work, has vendor/ industry contacts, product knowledge, and knows how to negotiate a deal.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Sage 100 (or similar)
- Experience using Quickbooks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding personal organization skills
- Working knowledge of materials and vendors
- Ability to manage your time across many projects at once
- Excellent negotiation skills
- B.S. or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years buying, purchasing, and/or procurement experience and price negotiation skills required, within the furniture industry preferred.
- Knowledge of competitor and marketing pricing is valuable.
- International supply chain experience valuable.
- Understanding of global commodity pricing indexes.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Team player willing to work with other departments within the organization
- Inventory management experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Task include but not limited to:
- Receive new project documents, review for upcoming purchases
- Advise on current material lead times
- Organize supplier lists
- Attend project kickoff meeting
- Confirm material estimates
- Collaborate with project team and client to problem solve
- Verify and enter material orders into sage for procurement
- Coordinate all order pickups with shipping supervisor
- Verify materials and hardware are received correct and on time
- Update project spreadsheets for team visibility
- Provide Quarterly savings report to Operations Manager for Controller review
- Provide Quarterly pricing checks on all current vendors
- Log all order anomalies (rush/reorders), submit to Operations Manager monthly
- Perform monthly inventory of shop tools
- Advise estimating on current inventory when receiving new purchase orders
- Place buys for assortment in accordance with overall company strategies, brand growth, and financial plans.
- Issue Purchase Orders to ensure that products are purchased and in stock based on sales history, SKU performance, trends, inventory needs, sales feedback, and special order requests maintaining control of orders and acknowledgements by working directly with factories and suppliers.
- Review orders due/past due weekly; work with vendors to ensure accurate ETA’s on all purchase orders.
- Purchase and schedule materials to meet production requirements as needed
- Work directly with factories and suppliers to resolve any related issues in a timely manner, reducing the impact on operations and overall gross profit.
- Provide quarterly recaps of current inventory level and inventory turns status to upper management and timely sales reports as requested.
- Communicate current inventory status to the production team.
- Negotiate deliveries and purchase agreements with vendors.
- Strong knowledge of vendors and the products they supply.
- Strategize to promote inventory movement and reduce obsolete inventory levels on a continuous basis.
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Purchasing Manager”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.